Monday, August 4, 2008

beef tips over rice

Thought I'd share an easy recipe that we enjoy. This recipe is in the Calvary cookbook and my friend, Leigh Ann, brought it to my attention. We had it a couple of nights ago and I thought I'd post it.

Beef Tips Over Rice

2 lbs. chopped beef (stew meat)
1 can French Onion soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper to taste

*Mix ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hrs). Serve over rice.

My girls like to eat applesauce as a side item with this. Leigh Ann dissolves 2 tablespoons of flour into some water and adds about 15 minutes before it's done. I keep forgetting to try this but I bet it makes it even better. She's a great cook!

1 comments:

Granna said...

I'm going to try this recipe, Heather. I'm always looking for quick and easy recipes that the kids will eat! Thanks!