Thursday, February 12, 2009

Double Stuff Oreo Cookie Suckers


Sara Frances' class is having a Valentine cookie swap tomorrow. We made these cookie suckers for her to take. While we were at it we made some for Meri Alan's class too. I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!!
Double Stuff Oreo Cookie Suckers
1 pkg double stuff Oreos
1 lb. choc melts
supplies needed: sucker sticks and bags, and decorations (optional)
Microwave cookies (a few at a time for approx. 10 seconds) just to soften the middle. While holding the cookie between fingers-twist sucker stick into place. Refrigerate to firm middle. In the meantime, melt choc and then dip the cookies begin sure to coat around stick. Allow excess to drip away. Place on wax paper to set. Attach decoration with small amt. of melted chocolate. Wrap and secure with ribbons.
*I just add my decorations while the chocolate is still melted.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Obviously my recipe issupposed to say 1 pkg double stuff Oreos. I really wrote it and I can't get it to show up- computers! :)

ginny said...

Heather, this is so creative! All I did was buy a tray of heart-shaped cookies!

Leigh Ann said...

Those are too cute!

Heather said...

Ginny, this is not my usual. ha! ha!

Granna said...

These are so cute, Heather, and look so yummy!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the sucker meri alan..i have it hidden so that i can enjoy it before sarah and will find it!